This article describes the process to disable this Google 'feature', whether you use Google Apps for your custom domain, and also if you have just a single user Google Account.
- Go to the google homepage and sign into your account.
- Click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
- Click accounts settings
- Find the "Services section"
- Under "Services" there is a sub-section that reads "View, enable, disable web history." Click the link next to it that reads: "Go to Web History."
- Click on "Remove all Web History"
When you click on "Remove all Web History," a message appears that says " Web History is Paused." What this means is that while Google will continue gathering and storing information about your web history it will make all data anonymous, that is, Google will not associate your Web History information with your online accounts and will therefore be unable to send you customized search results.
If you have a Google Apps account, follow these steps:
1. Visit the following URL: https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/<your_domain>
2. Click on 'Organisation & Users' and then the 'Services' tab:
By following these steps Google will not be able to associate your name with web history. If you are concerned about the privacy, please share this article.